OmegaTau Index du Forum
OmegaTau Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

timing issue. Hes not been a slow s

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    OmegaTau Index du Forum -> PARTIE EXTERNE -> Taverne
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lebaobei123

MessagePosté le: Mer 19 Sep - 02:39 (2018)    Sujet du message: timing issue. Hes not been a slow s Répondre en citant

WASHINGTON - For the moment, Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo plans to head into next season with newly acquired Yunel Escobar at second base and possible free-agent-to-be Ian Desmond at shortstop.That does not mean Desmond definitely wont be traded, if the right offer came along.Our approach with Ian Desmond has not changed one bit since the end of last season. Ian Desmond is our shortstop. Hes a leader of our team. Hes one of the best shortstops in all of baseball. And hes going to be the shortstop of the Washington Nationals, Rizzo said Thursday during a conference call with reporters.With that said, (for) Ian Desmond — or any other player on the roster — if a deal comes up that we cant refuse, well always look to improve ourselves for 2015 and beyond, he said.Heading into this off-season, Desmond was one of five key players for the Nationals who could become free agents after the next World Series. Another was reliever Tyler Clippard, dealt Wednesday to Oakland for Escobar.Escobar, who hit only .258 for Tampa Bay last season, has been a shortstop most of his career. He started 20 games at second base for Atlanta in 2007.We see Yuni as being an above-average defender at shortstop and at second base. He has been his entire career, except for last year, Rizzo said, explaining that limitations Escobar had in 2014 at shortstop for the Rays were due to shoulder and quadriceps problems that are now fine.We have no qualms about his defence, Rizzo added.Asked about Escobars three-game suspension in 2012 for wearing eye black displaying an anti-gay slur while playing for the Blue Jays, Rizzo said: Were not going to be an apologist for poor behaviour. But that was years ago and when he was a younger kid. We believe he has matured. ... We vetted him quite a bit.With Escobars arrival filling the Nationals need for a starting second baseman, Danny Espinosa will move to a vital bench role, Rizzo said.As for Clippard, a two-time NL All-Star, Rizzo called him maybe the best eighth-inning setup man in the history of the game.Rizzo said hes thinks Washington can replace the right-hander with someone already in the organization. If not, there could be another move.Were not ruling out adding any more personnel via trades or via free agents or minor league free agents, Rizzo said. Were still a month away from the start of spring training and, believe me, were not taking any vacations or anything like that.NOTES: The Nationals avoided arbitration with four players by agreeing to one-year contracts — $3.55 million for C Wilson Ramos; $2.25 million for RHP Craig Stammen; $1.8 million for 2B Danny Espinosa, with performances bonuses of $25,000 each at 200, 250, 300 and 350 plate appearances; and $1.2 million for C Jose Lobaton. Ramos hit .267 with 11 homers and 47 RBIs for the NL East champions last season, when he made $2,115,000. Stammen, mostly a middle-innings reliever, was 4-5 with a 3.84 ERA in 49 appearances in 2014, when he earned $1.35 million. Espinosa batted .219 with eight homers and 27 RBIs, while earning $540,850. Lobaton, Ramos backup, hit .234 with two homers and 12 RBIs; he made $950,000. Jamal Crawford Jersey . "Its amazing to do this coming from such a small island, where tennis isnt necessarily recognized as one of the main sports," Puig said. "Im just happy Im able to be here playing tennis not only for myself, but for my country too. Karl-Anthony Towns Jersey . With Van Osch out with a flu bug that has been rampaging through the tournament, Knezevic stepped in to lead B.C. (4-3) to a pair of victories on Tuesday before 1,131 at the Maurice Richard Arena. http://www.officialtimberwolvesproshop.com/authentic-tyus-jones-timberwolve…. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam announced the move with Young on Monday during a speech at a Pro Football Hall of Fame luncheon. Taj Gibson Jersey . The Ravens werent about to let it happen again. Carleton picked up its fourth straight national mens basketball title, and 10th in the last 12 years, with a 79-67 victory over its crosstown rival on Sunday. Custom Minnesota Timberwolves Jerseys . The game had many controversial incidents that, upon closer inspection, were not as controversial as many believed. The Formations Toronto FC lined up in its usual 4-4-2 formation, with Nick Hagglund slotting in at right fullback and Bradley Orr at centreback in place of the injured Mark Bloom and Steven Caldwell, respectively.BALTIMORE – The Blue Jays entered play Sunday with a team batting average of .209, a team on-base percentage of .283 and a team on-base plus slugging percentage of .643. Make what you will of a small sample size, the market will surely correct itself, but slugger Jose Bautista acknowledges that change must come soon and he identifies one stat in particular: the teams .157 batting average with runners in scoring position, entering Sundays game. "I think, obviously, you can not necessarily get on base a whole lot and not out-hit the other team but if you get the timely hits when you need them, youre still going to win as long as youre getting good pitching and defence, which we have been getting," Bautista told TSN.ca on Sunday morning. Bautista points the finger at himself. Through a dozen games, hes been up nine times with runners in scoring position. He has one hit, a home run, two RBI, has walked three times and struck out on three occasions. "Ive gotten my fair chances of driving in runs in different situations and I havent been able to come through so Ive got to focus a little bit better, I think, and just figure out a way to execute no matter what the circumstances are," he said. While Bautista is willing to first look at himself, which is admirable, its difficult to point the finger at him. While his batting average was only .200 entering Sunday, his on-base percentage of .451 (attributable to his major league-leading 16 walks) and slugging percentage of .571 (four of his seven hits have been home runs) constitutes significant production in a dry lineup. The problem is Bautistas getting on base and nobodys taking advantage of it. Hes scored only six times so far on plays that arent a result of his home runs. The main culprit is Edwin Encarnacion, who entered Sunday with a .174/.240/.261 slash line, no home runs and he was still looking for his first RBBI.dddddddddddd. The consensus on Encarnacion is that its merely a timing issue. Hes not been a slow starter in either 2012 or 2013, his two breakout years, hitting eight and nine home runs, respectively, in the opening month of those seasons. "I dont know if he feels that way but it certainly seems that way from my perspective where he just hasnt found his rhythm yet," said Bautista of Encarnacion. "That being coupled with the way they pitch to us, being so different and so difficult, its easy to kind of get back into rhythm when you see a 2-0 fastball and you can place your bet on that but he doesnt see that very often." Bautista wonders if, maybe, theres something about the way Encarnacion is being pitched. Encarnacion, with two straight big seasons, now is an established superstar. Its similar to what Bautista went through a couple of years ago. "I saw a huge difference after 2011," said Bautista. "Not so much after 2012 but after 2011 it was just a night and day difference on how people were pitching to me. The amount of breaking balls in hitters counts and Ive seen pitches in hitters counts, first pitches, even in 3-0 counts, I was seeing some stuff that Im like, Im not even swinging and Im getting sliders and changeups." The great hitters learn to be patient. They have to be. "Can you lay off of those borderline and bad pitches consistently?" said Bautista of the question that plagues the games elite hitters. Toronto entered Sundays play with a 3.88 starting staff ERA, on track for a great improvement over 2013, and a .993 team fielding percentage, which tied the club for second in baseball. "Were more concerned about more consistently putting a good effort forward and weve done that with every aspect of the game except for the offence," said Bautista. "Were obviously working to get better at that." Cheap Hawks Jerseys Cheap Celtics Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Pistons Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Pacers Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 19 Sep - 02:39 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    OmegaTau Index du Forum -> PARTIE EXTERNE -> Taverne Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template zenGarden created by larme d'ange